LDB_SCOPE_ONELEVEL without full traversal?

Wed Dec 6 22:26:50 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 08:38:14AM +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
>  > I will try to work on this in the weekend.
>
> please first prove that it won't cost us more than a fraction of a %
> of performance.

We really differ in opinion here.

> By making this (rare!) onelevel case fast, I think you will
> significantly impact the performance of much more common operations.

Sorry, but I would not consider tconX to be a rare case.
I've got a trace of a busy IIS connected to Samba trying
tconX at a furious rate. Looking at the data model Jelmer
has chosen for reg_backend_ldb you need a onelevel search to
get all the values. I like this model because this way you
can live with large attribute values like security
descriptors, even if there are many of them.

Volker