Outlook 2003 able to setup Exchange accounts using OpenChange

Julien Kerihuel samba at openchange.org
Wed Dec 6 15:22:25 GMT 2006

Hi Stephan,

> > Outlook uses NSPI to set up an Exchange account and fetch required
> > information so it can store a MAPI profile in the Windows registry. This
> > profile is next used to connect to the Exchange server prior Outlook opens the message
> > store, inbox etc.
>
> That sounds very nice!

Thx ;)

> What was the problem with the spining outlook and OpenChange replies?

We were using a non null terminated string with one of the structure
used in NspiQueryRows response. Instead we had while to use a
null-terminated string prefixed with size,offset,length on 32 bits.

ndrdump was displaying the packet correctly and didn't mention any
remaining bytes, It's only by looking at raw packets before and after
the packet got proxyfied that I noticed the difference.

> > The patch I had to apply to the dcesrv_remote.c in order to make it work
> > properly is attached below.
>
> applied thanks!

Btw in the remote README file, the correct parameter for delegated
credential username is: dcerpc_remote:user

Regarding the dcerpc_remote behavior, I get another issue, but I'm not
sure yet where to fix. In generated ndr pull functions, I would expect
the following code to be executed:

if (ndr->flags & LIBNDR_FLAG_REF_ALLOC) {
	NDR_PULL_ALLOC(ndr, *r->out.RowSet);
}

When I dump the ndr flags value with gdb I get ndr->flags = 0.
Until now I've patched the generated ndr_exchange.c by hand and forced
the allocation. It fix the problem, but I'd rather find a solution which
avoid manipulating auto-generated code.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org