LDB_SCOPE_ONELEVEL without full traversal?

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Dec 6 13:09:23 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 10:32 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:18:25AM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > But the problem is that it would take a view weeks or months to
> > implement, because we need to make sure that it will be fast as the
> > current ldb_tdb for the indexed searches.
>
> As an intermediate solution for my direct problem, I think
> Simo's idea of a parentDN is quite smart. I can certainly
> code that above ldb, but this would subvert the idea of ldb
> a bit. Coding it inside ldb might become an upgrade issue.
>
> What do you think?

I think that, while the parentDN hack will certainly work, we should
think of implementing it internally as one level searches are not so
rare.
It will not really be an upgrade problem, all I have to do is to add a
special index so that newer versions will just create this index if it
is not found.
I will try to work on this in the weekend.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer