LDB_SCOPE_ONELEVEL without full traversal?

Wed Dec 6 10:55:57 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 11:35:38AM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> So you want to handle this in your registry code, by adding
> a 'parentDN' to the subobjects and then doing a search like this:
>
> basedn="" (parentDN=CN=container) scope=sub
>
> instead of
>
> basedn="CN=Container" (objectClass=*) scope=one
>
> if so then I think it's fine:-)

Sure, I can certainly do that. But to me this feels just
wrong, this is something that ldb should do for me. Or do I
want too much from ldb?

Right now I'm looking at ltdb_index.c so see whether it
would be possible to do that automatically.

Volker