Samba 4 SWAT Subprojects?

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Tue Dec 5 02:36:47 GMT 2006

Brad Henry <j0j0 at riod.ca> writes:

> After tearing apart Derrell's ldbbrowser, I put together a basic mmc-like
> framework for plug-in applications. I also wrote two simple JSON-RPC
> applications to plug into that framework, an echo plug-in and another to
> report nbt server packet stats. It's very rough, but I think a group of
> students could do something better. :)

Hi Brad,

I'm interested in seeing the framework you've put together.  I have been
trying to find the time to redo ldbbrowser using the new finite state machine
I built into qooxdoo.  It provides the basis of a real, full-fledged
application and allows decoupling of the gui from the application code for
much cleaner design.

My plans are to create a pluggable application framework to allow various
applications be easily plugged in and take advantage of common code (e.g. all
RPC requests need the same "login" and "session terminated" handling, and with
the FSM, they all transition to a common state for that to be handled).

I am hoping that within the next week or two, I can find the time to do this
work.  I don't want to step on your toes or make more work for you, but I've
also been thinking about this for quite some time (and was thinking about it
as I was writing the FSM), so I have what should be a pretty clean design in
mind.  What is your schedule for preparation for your class, and what are you
feelings about me creating a framework based on the FSM that would likely
obsolete the work you already did?

Even if I am going to continue my work on this, I'd like to see your
framework, as I may get some good ideas from it.  Where might I find it?

Cheers,

Derrell