TALLOC_CTX to ldb_search()?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Dec 4 07:15:25 GMT 2006

Simo,

 > int ldb_search_exp_fmt(	TALLOC_CTX *memctx, struct ldb_context *ldb, struct ldb_result **result
 > 			struct ldb_dn *base, enum ldb_scope scope, const char * const *attrs,
 > 			const char *exp_fmt, ...);

yep, either ldb_search_exp_fmt() or ldb_search_fmt() would be good -
the prototype looks good to me, except I'd probably put the ldb before
the mem_ctx (for no particularly good reason ....)

Of course it costs you an extra xxprintf() function internally, and
those functions are a bit slow, but they are darn convenient. If
someone needs to save every cycle they can call ldb_search() directly.

Cheers, Tridge