infiniband: ?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Dec 2 13:55:32 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 08:34 +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
>  > bzr rspush is basically a shortcut for rsync that specifies the local
>  > and remote branches. The only advantages it has over 'rsync' is that it
>  > checks that there are no remote commits that are going to be deleted by
>  > running rsync and that you have to do less typing :-)
> Have you successfully used it with a :: rsync destination?
No, I haven't actually tried it. I use sftp, which is slightly slower than rsync, but doesn't require that the working tree is absolutely clean and doesn't require a plugin.

There are some figures at http://bazaar-vcs.org/Performance/0.11 that
show the speed differences.

> I had a quick look at how it works, and I can't see it doing anything
> that should be rsh/ssh specific, but it also doesn't work, even for a
> empty transfer (where the trees are already in sync). There must be
> something in there I've missed :-)
Sorry, I can't really tell either as I'm not using it myself :-)

Cheers,

Jelmer