lookupname issues when connecting to samba via windows client

Evans, Drexter drexter.evans at acs-inc.com
Fri Dec 1 19:32:52 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am receiving an error when trying to access a share samba
server(Solaris 8).  I can connect to the samba server but when trying to
acces a share (ie [home]

[homes]

        comment = Home Directories

        valid users = %S

        read only = No

        create mask = 0664

        directory mask = 0775

        browseable = No

I receive an error from winbindd:

SCHANNEL: schannel_decode seq_num=31 data_len=48

SCHANNEL: schannel_decode seq_num=31 data_len=48

cli_pipe_validate_current_pdu: got pdu len 112, data_len 48, ss_len 0

rpc_api_pipe: got PDU len of 112 at offset 0

rpc_api_pipe: Remote machine XXXXXXXXPDC1 pipe \lsarpc fnum 0x200f
returned 96 bytes.

000000 lsa_io_r_lookup_names

    0000 ptr_dom_ref: 001facf0

    000004 lsa_io_dom_r_ref

        0004 num_ref_doms_1: 00000000

        0008 ptr_ref_dom   : 00000000

        000c max_entries   : 00000000

    0010 num_entries: 00000001

    0014 ptr_entries: 00152010

    0018 num_entries2: 00000001

    00001c smb_io_dom_rid

        001c type   : 0008

        0020 rid    : 00000000

        0024 rid_idx: ffffffff

    0028 mapped_count: 00000000

    002c status      : NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

refresh_sequence_number: XXXXXX time ok

refresh_sequence_number: XXXXXX seq number is now 78199

Storing response for pid 4122, len 3240

run_events: No events

Retrieving response for pid 4122

lookup_name returned an error

lookupname returned an error

Samba version is 3.0.23d...I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks

Drex Evans

Sun Systems Administrator

Mississippi Medicaid Project

ACS Government Healthcare Solutions

385-B Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 300

Ridgeland, MS 39157

601-206-2993 Office

601-206-3119 Fax

601-613-4705Cell

This message and all attachments may contain information which ACS
considers to be confidential and proprietary in nature. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe
this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by
Thank you.

ACS' Mississippi Fiscal Agent Services sets the standard for excellence
among State Medicaid programs.