[Samba] Rev #2 of the 3.02.3c patch

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 19:46:17 GMT 2006

> Thanks for all your and the team's hard work! Now if Lars will just build
> the 3.0.23c binaries for SuSE, well be in great shape. I still can't figure
> out how to get it to compile with all the options he has in the SuSE spec
> file..... Oh well........
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.

David,

I have not been following this too closely, but your comment caught my
eye.  Have you experimented with rpmbuild?

For this situation I think you would just get the old 3.0.23b source
rpm from lars.

then
rpmbuild -bp      # this will extract the 23b source and apply any
suse specific patches.
apply the 3.0.23c patch to the source
rpmbuild -bc       # this will compile the patched code with the suse options
rpmbuild -bi        # This should install the compiled code

I did not test the above process, but I've used rpmbuild -bb before to
back compile suse factory code to a released distro.  I did not have
any issues.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer