Pdbedit not writing to ldap

"Schmieder, Holger" schmieder at schmieder.de
Tue Aug 29 08:28:44 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I am using samba 3.0.23b with OpenLDAP. Everything is fine but when i try to configure Acount policies with tdbedit this option will not read from or write to ldap, the where set in the local tdb.

Example:
pdbedit -P "min password length"
WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=TEST.DE))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=TEST.DE))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
account policy "min password length" description: Minimal password length (default: 5)
account policy "min password length" value is: 5

This happens allthough i have set sambaMinPwdLength=10 in TEST.DE (on my LDAP-server)

Has anybody i idea what i am doing wrong here ?

In the LDAP-logs i saw that only the old attributes like RIDBase where requested while this operation.

Thanks
Holger