[RFC] libreplace (was: Re: svn commit: samba r17738 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/ldb: . ldb_tdb)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Aug 28 12:46:43 GMT 2006

Hi Tridge,

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 13:29 +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
>  > I've implemented most of the changes we discussed on IRC yesterday in
>  > the bzr branch at http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/samba/4.0-replace:
> I've started a checkout for this, but looks like it will take a
> while.
>
> Maybe we could enable the web browser plugin for bzr, so we can browse
> trees like with websvn? Or maybe you've already set it up somewhere?
There is some CGI script that you can simply drop in the branch IIRC,
though I don't think CGI scripts are currently allowed on
people.samba.org.

You should be able to create just a working copy using:

bzr checkout --lightweight
http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/samba/4.0-replace

Another option is to create a repository locally so that you only have
to download each revision once (most branches have only a couple of
revisions in addition to those on the mainline).

>  > The only drawback is
>  > that it means that just including replace.h won't be sufficient in some
>  > cases (we'll have to have ifdefs for system headers as well again).
>  > Would this be worth it?
> I certainly don't want to go back to having ifdefs everywhere for
> system headers. I don't mind having them in include/system/, but I
> definately don't want them to spread outside that one directory.
>
> For ldb, I'd like them to be similarly isolated, either in
> include/includes.h or an equivalent of include/system/
But having ifdefs in just includes.h shouldn't be a problem?

Cheers,

Jelmer