Samba 101:beginning configuration

Mary Couture Mary.Couture at recorder.pima.gov
Thu Aug 24 20:48:25 GMT 2006

Can I get some assistance?  I'm very new to Samba (less than a week now, I've
been working with it) and my project is to set up Samba and get rid of PC
Netlink.

I have set up a Sun box with the samba server for a test environment.  I'm
trying to set the smb.conf file so that from the windows network I can see
the filesystem on the unix side.  At this time I can see the machine in my
windows network but it does not accept remote requests so I can't get to the
directories.

I know this is probably something very basic.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Mary L. Couture