C99 structure initialisers and Samba3

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 14:01:29 GMT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, tridge at samba.org wrote:

> arrgh, will I ever get this right? Volkers Solaris8 box
> (SerNet-solaris8) is passing ldb builds now too. The failure wasn't
> due to C99 initialisation after all. My Solaris8 box (sun1) is
> still failing. We must have different compiler revisions??

When it comes to Solaris, the OS release is a bit of a red herring: the
compilers are unbundled from the OS, and the language features available
depend on what version of the compilers you have.

The latest version of the Sun compilers ("Sun Studio 11") is a
free(-as-in-beer) download, and they support Solaris 8, 9 and 10.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth  -------------------  Computing Manager, Sherrington Building
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics  -  University of Oxford, UK