Preliminary 3.0.23c patch for testing and review

Hansjörg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Thu Aug 24 07:27:21 GMT 2006

Hi

the Patch compiles and installs fine here.
[root at donau tmp]# smbstatus
Processing section "[ftp]"

Samba version 3.0.23c-gwc-1
PID     Username      Group         Machine

But we still have the behavior described in the thread "New approach to
the valid user fix"

we are running winbind in security=ads
and all AD Domain Users exist on the Unix-System as Unix-User (nis) with
identical Usernames.

and our config contains
     idmap uid = 10000-10000
       idmap gid = 10000-10000
       winbind use default domain = Yes
       winbind trusted domains only = Yes

In version 3.0.21 if a Windows User creates a file on the samba server,
it was owned (Windows Security Settings /ACL Editor)
of the User DOM\username.
Starting from 3.0.23 it is owned form
Unix User\username

If I add an ACL to this file from windows (eg. DOM\user2)
first it is shown after a reopen of the ACL Editor as DOM\user2

But this might be a client cache issue, because when I restart samba,
the User is shown as
Unix User\user2

Was this patch intended to solve this Unix User\username DOM\username
mapping problem
or do I miss a config setting?

Greetings

Hansjörg