[SAMBA4] LDAP Backend status

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 22 11:23:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 22:51 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I wanted to update the list on the status of my work with the Samba4
> LDAP backend.
>
> For the past couple of days, I have been working on a conversion tool,
> to make OpenLDAP (and hopefully FedoraDS) compatible schema from the
> what is stored in Samba4's LDB.
>
> I have also created a mapping file, to allow target version-specific
> mapping of duplicate OIDs, or skipping of problematic objectClass or
> attribute schema elements.
>
> However, the conversion utility doesn't quite work yet.  We will need
> further enhancements to the entryUUID module, to cope with elements that
> appear to hold objectClasses, but are declared as being type OID.  (I
> want to map them to an OID in that module).  In the meantime, I use the
> attached schema, generated with a script and hand-munged.

Now we can use the ad2oLschema utility.  The command line I use is:

bin/ad2oLschema -H /data/samba/samba4/prefix/private/sam.ldb -I
setup/schema-map-openldap-2.3 > setup/ad.schema

The schema-map file remaps some OIDs and skips some of the builtin
objectClasses.

If you add the --option=convert:target=fedora-ds option, it becomes
formatted for Fedora Directory, but this doesn't load yet...