Samba passdb attributes (Was: LDAP questions and password generation)

Roland Gruber post at rolandgruber.de
Mon Aug 21 17:29:38 GMT 2006

Hi Wilco,

Wilco Baan Hofman schrieb:
> I've just updated the document to include the domain attributes and
> some others.
> See http://pdbsql.sourceforge.net/field-descriptions-passdb.txt

I would need more information about the password policies.
Here is what I wrote to samba-technical some time ago:

sambaMinPwdLength : Minimal password length (default: 5)

No limit is 0 or -1?

sambaLogonToChgPwd : Force Users to logon for password change (default:
0 => off, 2 => on)

What if I set this to 1?

sambaLockoutThreshold : Lockout users after bad logon attempts (default:
0 => off)

On is 1?

sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange : Allow Machine Password changes (default: 0
=> off)

On is 1?

Greetings

Roland