Storing only a salted, hashed password for offline creds

Hansjörg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at dlr.de
Sun Aug 20 13:09:37 GMT 2006

Hi

sorry for inserting an issue to this thread, which may just be related.

If I understand the context off this thread correctly,
it deals with local logon into unix workstations which
authenticate against an Active Directory

Is there a chance in the future that a samba AD-member server can
cache credentials too, in order to give windows clients access to shares
on the server
even if the Active-Directory DC are not available.

I asked this some weeks ago on samba-users and was told, that this
is not possible at the moment.

Thank you and greetings from munich

Hansjoerg