Asking About Information
haytham_hassan at rayacorp.com
Tue Aug 15 16:30:57 GMT 2006
I need your support with some information about Samba software:
First this is some info about the system I want to install Samba:
1. SUN server Fire V880 running Solaris 9 OS, Veritas Volume Manager, =
Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Cluster Manager with critical Oracle =
2. Cluster is done between two Fire V880=92s servers by Veritas Cluster =
3. I need to share a directory from a SUN server that can be accessed by =
4. Clients must not access more than that directory
Second these are my questions:
1. Can Samba software affect any of the system or the application?
2. Can Samba offer that option (ONLY one directory can be accessed by =
clients) or not?
3. What is the risk to install Samba to this system?
4. Is there a licensed version of Samba that can be bought?
5. Any recommends?
I appreciate your supporting with that information
Any explanations you are welcomed
Customer Service Engineer=20
Tel: +202 3034212
Mobil: +2012 3973250
Fax: +202 3046925
E-mail: HYPERLINK =
"mailto:haytham_hassan at rayaintegration.com"haytham_hassan at rayaintegration=
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.9/417 - Release Date: =
More information about the samba-technical