Asking About Information

Haytham Hassan haytham_hassan at rayacorp.com
Tue Aug 15 16:30:57 GMT 2006

Dear All,

I need your support with some information about Samba software:

=20

First this is some info about the system I want to install Samba:

1.	SUN server Fire V880 running Solaris 9 OS, Veritas Volume Manager, =
Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Cluster Manager with critical Oracle =
Application
2.	Cluster is done between two Fire V880=92s servers by Veritas Cluster =
Manager
3.	I need to share a directory from a SUN server that can be accessed by =
windows clients
4.	Clients must not access more than that directory

Second these are my questions:

1.	Can Samba software affect any of the system or the application?
2.	Can Samba offer that option (ONLY one directory can be accessed by =
clients) or not?
3.	What is the risk to install Samba to this system?
4.	Is there a licensed version of Samba that can be bought?
5.	Any recommends?

=20

I appreciate your supporting with that information

Any explanations you are welcomed

Thanks,=20

=20

Regards;