multi-indexed tdb

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Aug 15 03:33:24 GMT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:13:18AM +0200, tridge at samba.org wrote:

> More seriously, can you please clarify this more directly? Do you
> think the fact that code uses talloc_steal() is a valid reason to
> reject using the code in Samba3 ?

It depends on the code - honestly. I'm not going to reject
anything just because of an internal interface it uses.
If it's really core code that uses talloc_steal egregiously
when a copy and free would be more clear, then yes I'm going
to complain about it and not recommend it gets used.

I don't like talloc_steal (for resons already mentioned)
but I'm hopefully not enough of a bigot to reject a working
subsystem that uses it. I might steal in in the dead of night
and rewrite & remove code that uses it though :-) :-).

Jeremy.