svn commit: samba r17353 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0: examples examples/gpfs source source/modules source/smbd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Aug 7 15:18:21 GMT 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 10:10:18AM +0200, Peter Somogyi wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I've responded every questions regarding the NFS4 ACLs patch which arised
> here.
> (In the mid of last week I've sent also an invitation mail to nfsv4 at itef.org,
> too.)
>
> It seems to me that nobody else wants to have more discussion about it. (I
> assume everyone in samba-technical are satisfied with the patch and agrees
> with my answers because I haven't got more response...;-)
>
> BTW. this is just a simple translation layer (except the chown logic which was
> requested to be made, and partially copied & reused this logic from posix
> acls), there are still a lot of TODOs, but we have to start somewhere.
>
> What prevents from checking it in?

Time. This is a very sensitive code layer and I know Volker wanted
some changes to the patch. Have you addressed these ?

Sometimes it takes a while for changes to get into the tree, I
have a patch pending from Miracle Linux that I've been needing
to review for a month - urgent bugs with 3.0.23 have taken
priority.

I'm in St. Louis this week, and at LinuxWorld SF next week, but
I'll look at it after that. In the meantime I think Volker has
worked closest on this code, and I saw his objections to the
patch which weren't answered.

This is a 3.0.24 or later patch anyway, so there's no urgency
to get this in - I'd rather have it right than fast.

Jeremy.