svn commit: samba r17435 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0_23/source: lib smbd

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Aug 7 12:16:02 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 06:45 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> idra at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: idra
> > Date: 2006-08-06 23:43:02 +0000 (Sun, 06 Aug 2006)
> > New Revision: 17435
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=17435
> >
> > Log:
> >
> > Have not tested against a solaris machine, but even in the case
> > that an OS do not support reading ntegroup informations from
> > files, at worst we will get an error from innetgr and simply
> > return False.
> > Passing NULL for the domain is a legal wildcard operation on all
> > the manpages I could find on the network.
>
> Simo,
>
> Unless this has been properly tested, I'm not willing to
> put it in 3.0.23b.  We can be a little more aggressive in SAMBA_3_0.
> So when you say "Have not tested against a solaris machine" what
> do you really mean ?

That I have tested it on Linux but not on Solaris.
On Linux works perfectly so I think the change is worth being in anyway.
As even if on Solaris local files are not usable for netgroups on Linux
are and this patch will be ok anyway.
On OS where local netgroup files does not work, innetgr will simply
return an error and the function will return False (as it were doing
before after the domain check).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce