multi-indexed tdb

Sat Aug 5 17:30:20 GMT 2006

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 07:21:30PM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> is there a reason why you only allow strings (char *) instead of
> TDB_DATA keys for the indexes?

No, no specific reason. But in the past we've had issues
with binary compatibility more than once, and having only
strings from my point of view is one way to get around these
problems. That together with easier debuggability. tdbdump
makes a lot more sense if you can look at strings instead of
binary blobs.

Volker