SOC Progress on "User Manager for SWAT (Samba 4)"

S P sree314 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 09:56:40 GMT 2006

On 8/5/06, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 21:42 +0200, Christian Mahnke wrote:
> > Hello,
> > im very interested in the results (even if not finished) on the SOC
> > Project "User Manager for SWAT (Samba 4)"

Thank you for your interest.

A short answer to your question is that there has been no code
produced in the last 5 weeks. These are the things that are remaining:

1. A test suite (reworked from test.js)
2. A reworked API interface (this is a biggie, and will probably not
be complete this summer, essentially to replace and expand
usermgmt.js)
3. GUI components using Qooxdoo
4. Tie-in to SWAT

I still hope to get these in within Aug 21, but having missed two
deadlines (Jul 23, and Aug 4), I'm a bit scared I'm going to be part
of those that won't make it through SoC this year.

Partly due to laziness (first part of july), and partly due to moving
to a new university and city (next part of july), there's been no
progress. But I'm finally ready here technically to upload code again
(no cvs, svn or IRC access here, have to tunnel to my home machine),
so I will be back with code again.

Sreepathi Pai