multi-indexed tdb

Thu Aug 3 07:10:54 GMT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 09:01:21AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Maybe a private pointer to the index fn would be useful,
> so that the caller could pass a struct to it,
> otherwise the index fn need to parse the TDB_DATA blob.

Yes, this is an obvious next step.

> Also a magic version key would be good, so that the file
> and be easy identified as a tdb with multiple indexes.

It's a bit difficult to get that really reliable. You can't
put key function signatures into the files. If we had and
interpreted language, we could put the functions into the db
itself, but with C that's not possible. How do you propose
to  make that a bit more safe?

Volker