[SAMBA4] Using ldb_map for pure translations

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Aug 1 23:53:53 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 01:21 +0200, Martin Kühl wrote:

> Consider a search expression "(|(left=foo)(right=bar))" where left is
> a local and right a remote attribute.  If I just split the tree I'll
> end up with a remote search for "(|(right=bar))", leaving out records
> that match the left=foo part.
> I'm going to just enumerate the remote partition in those cases, but I
> still need to identify them correctly.

What do you mean exactly by local and remote ?

left is an attribute that exists only in your local db while right an
attribute that exist only in the remote ?

If there is no alias problem (a different remote attribute has the same
name of a local one) you can just run the full search on both trees,
unknown attributes are simply ignored.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce