SAMBA 4 - compilation on Solaris (strsep missing)

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Tue Aug 1 18:07:21 GMT 2006

It's also found in kerberos and roken. Cscope says:

C symbol: strsep

   File         Function                Line
0 mount.cifs.c parse_options             68 while ((data = strsep(&options,
                                             ",")) != NULL) {
1 pkinit.c     parse_integer           1507 p1 = strsep(p, " \t");
2 pkinit.c     _krb5_parse_moduli_line 1549 p1 = strsep(&p, " \t");
3 pkinit.c     _krb5_parse_moduli_line 1562 p1 = strsep(&p, " \t");
4 roken.h      vasnprintf               223 char * ROKEN_LIB_FUNCTION
                                             strsep(char **, const char *);
5 strsep.c     strsep                    46 strsep(char **str, const char
                                             *delim)

simo wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 18:21 +0200, petr sumbera - Sun Microsystems -
> Prague Czech Republic wrote:
>
>>Hello guys,
>>
>>I have just tried to compile Samba 4 from repository on Solaris. It went
>>quite good except this stopper:
>>
>>strsep is not available on Soalirs
>>
>>I recommend add this function into:
>>
>>source/heimdal/lib/roken/strsep_copy.c
>>(with #ifndef HAVE_STRSEP).
>

> Petr, heimdal has it's own implementation of strsep in libroken
> heimdal/lib/roken/strsep.c
>
> We don;t use strsep in anywhere in samba except in mount.cifs (urgh) and
> it is Linux specific anyway.
>
> Can you post the error you got?
>
> Simo.

(416) 223-5943