Samba 3.0.23pre1 Available for Download

Ken Stone ken at sdd.hp.com
Mon Apr 24 18:34:37 GMT 2006

Ok ... functionally broken here :-( ... Its HPUX 11i ... We use
full coporate run NT/domain infrastructure for auth and build a
map to convert to unix user names ... For example on the samba
server I am user ken(10000) and in the NT/domain world I am
americas\kstone1.

In lib/smb.conf, I have

    security = domain
    encrypt passwords = yes
    password server = *
    username map = /local/samba3/lib/name-maps

In lib/name-maps, I have

    !ken = americas\kstone1

When I try and attach a drive from the 3.0.23pre1 samba server, I get

    [2006/04/24 11:17:12, 2] smbd/service.c:(557)
      user 'ken' (from session setup) not permitted to access this share (ken)

Prior to 3.0.23pre1 up thru 3.0.21c, this worked just fine ....

Log and config files at whatever level available upon request

Thanks

  -- Ken