Unable to write to nfs mounted shares

Ewan Scott ewan.scott at help4it.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 13:20:41 GMT 2006

Hi

My problem:

I have an automounted nfs share on linux. I can read and write on it as
a linux user. The userIDs match for the accounts on both the mounting
and the sharing servers. So far so good.

Under Samba all the local shares work fine. However, with the NFS
mounted share, although it is a RW share in the smb.conf file I get an
ACCESS-DENIED error when trying to read or write to the nfs-mounted
share. I can browse the drive. How can I find out the cause of this
error? Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Ewan