Locking database cleanup?

Henrik Nordstrom henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sat Apr 8 08:02:41 GMT 2006

fre 2006-04-07 klockan 21:51 -0500 skrev Gerald (Jerry) Carter:

> Just need to clarify that due to licensing reasons, sleepcat db
> will never replace tdb.  Feel free to patch up Samba to use bdb
> but realize that it will probably have to be maintained outside
> of tree.

I bit curious what license issues that may be. The license of BDB is
fully GPL compatible these days, at least according to Sleepycat and my
own understanding of the license conditions.

But I do agree that trying to switch from tdb to BDB at this time is
most likely not worth the effort.

Regards
Henrik