pdb_mysql, pdb_pgsql and pdb_xml modules: request for maintainer

Ulrich Meis a.sporto+smb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:37:23 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry!

On 9/28/05, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org> wrote:

> I think it would also be better for our sake to deal with
> a single person that signs off on the patch to be committed.
> But have everyone involved in reviewing it, fixing bugs,
> etc.... What I'm trying to figure out is how we know when
> a patch is ready to commit. The recent discussion about
> the current pdb_sql patch seems to be continuing so I need
> someone to say "alright, here it is".

It's a safe bet to apply the patch.
- The patches have been in bugzilla for quite a while now and no one
complained or provided a better solution.
- It can't get worse anyway since the backends don't work at all without it.
- At least Peter and me are actively using the patched version.

I do agree with you that someone should make the decisions, whoever it is.