Samba 2.2.12 cannot transfer files bigger than 2GB ???

Agda Maria Galli Cartolano acartolano at availmed.com
Tue Sep 27 13:53:24 GMT 2005

Thank you for your reply...
I was not the one that installed SAMBA on the UNIX server.
But I am very confused...
What is required for SAMBA to "correctly detected large file
support from your operating system at configure time" ?
It was installed on Solaris 9, SUN Fire V210, 64-bit sparcv9.
I did some tests and I found out that SAMBA can handle bigger than 2 GB
files, but in the specific situation below it is not working:

RMAN (oracle) has UNIX as a servers and Windows 2000 as client.
Form the server side you assign a job to be handle by the client to
backup oracle. The backup output will be a samba share directory in
UNIX.
What is going on is that when a file is bigger than 2 GB, the Windows
2000 RMAN client does not have a confirmation from samba that the file
was actually written to UNIX.

I am able to use SAMBA to communicate and copy files bigger than 2GB
from Windows 2000 SQLSERVER to Solaris 9.

What is going on with the RMAN situation?
Why upgrading SAMBA might solve this problem?

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for your attention...

Agda