Samba 2.2.12 cannot transfer files bigger than 2GB ???

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 26 21:20:45 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 11:44 -0500, Agda Maria Galli Cartolano wrote:
> Hello good people!
>
> I need some urgent help...
>
> I am using samba to transfer files from Windows XP to Solaris 9 (which
> is 64 kit) and I cannot transfer files bigger than 2 GB.
>
> Is this a Samba limitation? How can I bypass this limitation?

Samba 2.2 (while now no longer supported, we strongly suggest an upgrade
to Samba 3.0) is fully capable of handling large files, over the size of
2GB.  Support for such depends on if Samba correctly detected large file
support from your operating system at configure time.

Did you build Samba locally, or download pre-packaged binaries?  Perhaps
try Samba 3.0.20 and build from source, or the binary packages on
Samba.org.