svn commit: samba r10319 - in branches/tmp/samba4-winsrepl/source/nbt_server/wins: .

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Sep 26 12:07:29 GMT 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 01:35:06PM +0200, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 13:09 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> > We can't use 3 different attributes here, because the address field is multi valued
> > and the order of multivalued attriutes isn't fixed. so the order of 3 multivalued
> > attributes would need to be in sync, and that also when you try to hand edit records with
> > ldbedit.
>
> would a child object be overkill in this case ?

yep, in this case it would be, as we want the wins server to be as fast as possible,
currently we have one BASE lookup with the full dn, and child objects would mean
we need to do a ONE or SUB level searches after finding the name record.
and this searches would be very slow compared to the current one search model

metze