Changing the pathname in a transparent VFS layer

Cam Macdonell cam.macdonell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:59:10 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm currently writing a VFS module that changes path name of a file. One
problem I am having is that if I change the file name from 'foo' to 'bar' I
can only read as much data that is equal to the size of 'foo'.

To explain: If foo is 50 bytes and bar is 100 bytes and the pathname is
changed in the module from 'foo' to 'bar' when the file is opened, an
application can only read the first 50 bytes of bar.

Logging shows the server reports the proper size of bar. Does anyone know
why this could be happening? Is it a client issue?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,
Cam