The --with-libiconv option

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 20 17:04:22 GMT 2005

  At Sun we usually use the built-in libraries in /usr/lib/iconv,
but you need to have LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set correctly.
  I **think** you just set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
/usr/lib:/usr/lib/iconv before you run Configure,
but I haven't done it for a couple of years, so I forget.

  You can also use the gnu iconv from sunfreeware.com.

--dave

beavis red wrote:
> I am trying to compile Samba 3.0.20 with Solaris 8 native

/usr/lib/iconv intended for using eucJP and CP850 codeset

conversion between Windows and Unix. Had anyone done this

before successfully? I had tried with and without the

 --with-libiconv option when running the configure script.

The smbd binary never looks for the shared objects in

/usr/lib/iconv. It only looks for them in Samba's

built-in charset directory in /opt/samba/lib/charset.

How to change this so it uses /usr/lib/iconv on Solaris 8?

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest