The --with-libiconv option

beavis red beavisred2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 16:47:33 GMT 2005

I am trying to compile Samba 3.0.20 with Solaris 8 native /usr/lib/iconv intended for using eucJP and CP850 codeset conversion between Windows and Unix. Had anyone done this before successfully? I had tried with and without the --with-libiconv option when running the configure script. The smbd binary never looks for the shared objects in /usr/lib/iconv. It only looks for them in Samba's built-in charset directory in /opt/samba/lib/charset. How to change this so it uses /usr/lib/iconv on Solaris 8?

Thanks in advance.