Using vfstest (Was: VFS configure/Makefile howto?)

Sean Dunn sean at troublemakerstudios.com
Mon Sep 19 17:45:01 GMT 2005

Thanks for the feedback James. Is there documentation on using vfstest?
I am particularly interested in how vfstest reads .conf files, as I have
parameters I want to pass to my vfs module. I'm using a test.conf that
contains the following:

[global]
        vfs objects = mddb
        mddb:logfile = /tmp/mddblog.txt
        mddb:prefix = %u|%I
        mddb:success = all
        mddb:failure = all

My module, at the moment, is mostly a copy of the full_audit VFS module.
I've changed it to use a dedicated file instead of the syslog.. I'd like
to be able to load the config file, load mddb in vfstest, and have my
VFS module receive the proper options, and then log commands
appropriately. Is this the correct way of doing this in vfstest? Also,
should vfstest automatically load and connect to the module based on the
.conf file?

Thanks,
Sean