setting file size to windows 9x/windows me

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 04:39:01 GMT 2005

Looks like setting the file size to windows 9x/windows me servers has to
be done via file handle, not path, (ie open and write 0 bytes at offset
or setfileinfo level 1) ... right?   I am getting invalid
function/unsupported level errors on every setpathinfo (path based) even
level 1 from linux cifs client to windows me/9x (works to other servers
of course).

Strange that one can't do anything useful to windows 9x/me without
opening the file since that could lead to strange sharing violations,
but in any case with this change the cifs code should do fine for most
operations to windows 9x/me