HOSTCC in Samba4

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Sep 16 23:48:44 GMT 2005

Jelmer,

The new heimdal integrated build logic seems to have lost the @HOSTCC@
support, which is needed for ReactOS. Previously @HOSTCC@ was passed
to the heimdal build script.

How do you want to handle this? Should we add a CC= option in the
[SUBSYSTEM::ASN1_COMPILER] section of config.mk ? Perhaps there is
some other way to override the compiler?

The reason this matters is that for embedded systems (which
essentially ReactOS is from our point of view) we need to use a
different compiler for building the build tools (like the asn1
compiler) from what we use to build the Samba binaries.

I've CCd Steven Edwards from the ReactOS team.

Cheers, Tridge