VFS configure/Makefile howto?

Sean Dunn sean at troublemakerstudios.com
Fri Sep 16 20:59:29 GMT 2005

Hello,

This is my first post to the list. I'd like to know if there is a
webpage/FAQ that describes the process and requirements for creating a
valid configure.in and Makefile.in for compiling shared VFS modules.
This isn't difficult to do if I keep my module in the samba source tree,
but I would like to keep it separated..

I've taken the configure.in and Makefile.in from the examples/VFS
directory as a start, and placed an SMB_MODULE() call before the final
AC_OUTPUT in the configure.in, with the VFS_modulename_OBJ definition in
the Makefile.in... But it won't update my private include/config.h file
with the proper init_module re-#define. I'd like to be
configure-compatible as much as possible, so I don't want to just hack
in my own #define.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean