[Question] Smbtorture simulate Domain Logins / Joins

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 13 08:39:32 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 10:19 +0200, Guenther Deschner wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 09:59:18AM +0200, Michael Gasch wrote:
> > hi list,
> >
> > quick question:
> > could somebody please tell me, which test in smbtorture (3.0.20) is
> > responsible for simulating domain logins and joins? i couldn't really
> > find any documentation about it
>
> most probably you are referring to the samba4 smbtorture RPC-LOGIN test.
> There isn't actually a lot of information available how to run this test.
>
> If want to emulate domain logons with that test you'll have to handedit
> the hardcoded usernames, machinenames and passwords yourself in the source
> code.

The main problem with that test is that I broke it months ago, and I've
never managed to put the pieces back together.  The problem is that
instead of extending the base functions, it simply copied them into the
test, and tweaked them....

The original code has now changed (and is now more flexible), but the
copies no longer function.