Samba 4 libnet_join and RPC-JOIN torture test

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 12 06:07:05 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 08:02 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Am Montag, 12. September 2005 02:22 schrieb Brad Henry:
> > +       if (!lsa_open_policy.in.system_name) {
> > +               r->out.error_string = NULL;
> > +               talloc_free(tmp_ctx);
> > +               return NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY;
> > +       }
>
> please use if (!lsa_open_policy.in.system_name) goto no_mem;
>
> in all places, as you missed sometimes the talloc_free(tmp_ctx),

Metze, I really don't like that style of code.  Yes, we should be
consistent, and perhaps we should ensure that r->out.error_string = NULL
is done at the top, but I think the goto is ugly and overboard.

(The thing I most enjoy about the new talloc is that it killed most of
that madness...)

> BTW: your patches start looking better:-)

Even if we disagree on some little details.