svn commit: samba r10143 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/utils: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Sep 11 01:02:07 GMT 2005

Metze,

 > don't exit when the not all bytes are consumed,
 > (this happens with relative pointers)

I think this is really a bug in the relative pointers code. When a
buffer is not fully consumed it almost always does mean an error in
the IDL, so ndrdump should fail with an error.

The relative pointers bug is caused by not keeping track of the
maximum offset reached in the buffer. It's a little tricky to fix, but
probably wortwhile.

A quick and dirty fix would be to add a NDR_USED_RELATIVE flag in
struct ndr_pull and only give a failure in ndrdump if
(ndr_pull->flags & NDR_USED_RELATIVE) is not set.

Cheers, Tridge