Should heimdal/include be present in the samba4 tree?

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Thu Sep 8 05:57:36 GMT 2005

Hi Andrew,

I'm working on getting smbtorture running on IRIx, and seem to be
missing heimdal/include ... is there some build step that I need to do
to generate this?

oops 5% gmake binary_smbtorture
CPP="/usr/bin/cc -E" PERL="/usr/freeware/bin/perl" script/build_idl.sh PARTIAL
Compiling heimdal/lib/vers/print_version.c
cc WARNING:  -Iheimdal/include does not refer to a valid directory
cc-1143 cc: ERROR File = ./heimdal/lib/roken/roken.h, Line = 449
  Declaration is incompatible with "struct hostent *getipnodebyaddr(const void
          *, socklen_t, int, int *)" (declared at line 144 of
          "/usr/include/netdb.h").

  getipnodebyaddr (const void *, size_t, int, int *);
  ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "heimdal/lib/vers/print_version.c".
gmake: *** [heimdal/lib/vers/print_version.o] Error 2

I'll look into how to add configure checks for the stuff in roken.h later today ...

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org