Build - OpenBSD 3.7 i386 configure.in patch for struct timespec error

Steve Williams steve at celineandsteve.com
Thu Sep 8 03:42:53 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Steve Williams wrote:
>
> | This proposed patch against samba_3_0 originates from
> | my OpenBSD 3.7  i386 in the build farm, where samba_3_0
> | is failing to compile.  This is  my first patch, (and
> | there will be more), so if people would prefer a
> | different way of my presenting the information, please
> | don't hesitate to let me know.
> |
> | ./configure
> | make
> |
> | yields:
> |
> |> Compiling dynconfig.c
> |> In file included from dynconfig.c:21:
> |> include/includes.h:811: error: redefinition of `struct timespec'
> |> *** Error code 1

> | Changing this logic to match the logic in "includes.h":
> | AC_CACHE_CHECK([for struct timespec type],samba_cv_struct_timespec, [
> |    AC_TRY_COMPILE([
> | #include <sys/types.h>
> | #if STDC_HEADERS
> | #include <stdlib.h>
> | #include <stddef.h>
> | #endif
> | #if TIME_WITH_SYS_TIME
> | # include <sys/time.h>
> | # include <time.h>
> | #else
> | # if HAVE_SYS_TIME_H
> | #  include <sys/time.h>
> | # else
> | #  include <time.h>
> | # endif
> | #endif
> | #if HAVE_AIO_H
>
> Hey Steve,
>
> I can follow your logic and it looks sane to me.
> Sending an attachment of 'diff -u' was the right thing.
> You might want to follow the svk discussions currently
> going on since the goal is to make Samba development
> easier for people without commit previleges in the
> central svn repo (like yourself).
>
> +1 for testing btw :-)  I'll get this checked in today.
>

> cheers, jerry

Hi,

That sounds cool.  I will read that thread.  I have been watching it
growing in my inbox without actually reading it because I did not think
it applied to me ;-)

Now that I know I'm doing things right, I will submit another patch
(probably this weekend) for Makefile.in that will get samba_3_0 to
compile on OpenBSD.  After that I will wander down the testing road :-)

Thanks
Steve