Registry Segfault after krb5 AD domain logon

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 4 23:16:21 GMT 2005

Jelmer,

Now that we do the AD domain logon, we seem to have uncovered a segfault
in the reg_backend_ldb code.  I don't have the backtrace to hand, and it
may indeed be an issue with the recent ldb_dn changes by simo, but I
wondered if you might be able to reproduce and debug it.  I'm all at sea
in that code.

The steps to reproduce are simple:
 - provision
 - set 'gensec:gssapi_krb5=yes' in your smb.conf
 - join a win2k3 (or winXP) client to the new Samba4 ADS domain
 - perform a domain logon

During the domain logon, there is a crash in ldb_dn operations in that
code.  The workstation proceeds to login however.