libnet_join

Brad Henry j0j0 at riod.ca
Sat Sep 3 21:43:27 GMT 2005

Hello,

Here is are two patches for libnet_join.c and libnet_join.h against the
SOC/SAMBA_4_0 branch (rev 9988) that fix the remaining libnet_join.c
problems. The biggest issue I was having was realizing that I had to use
mem_ctx rather than tmp_ctx for the libnet_RpcConnect() call. Without
that, even though I was successfully keeping the samr_pipe and
user_handle available across calls, the samr_pipe wasn't open.

The only thing that libnet_join.c doesn't do at this moment is the
DsAddEntry() to create the CN=NTDS Settings container. I'm pretty
confident that it won't be too hard to add, using the code that used to
be in dssync.c.

I've made some other changes locally towards integrating it into the
RPC-NETLOGON torture test to make sure that the code gets thoroughly
tested, but I wanted to know your thoughts on this before I went too far.

Thanks!
Brad