move adt_tree.c (virtual registry tree) to new talloc()

Sat Sep 3 16:30:13 GMT 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 11:10:15AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> I see I am going to loose this coding style debate.

Sorry :-)

> I actually prefer to use typedef's for opaque data
> structures.  Why do you need to know is a structure?

The way I see it is the following: Everything that is an opaque data type is a
structure. If an implementation really wants to make this opaque, use a
forward reference without data fields. This way you can only deal with the
structure as a pointer, but that might be acceptable.

As we have talloc destructors, a convention might be to simply talloc_free
such an abstract data type and have the module clean up itself.

> Unless someone has a technical reason to choose
> one over the other, then IO guess I'll remain an
> infidel in the eyes of the 'struct' religion :-)

Tridge once mentioned better syntax highlighting in editors, but I think this
hardly qualifies as a technical reason. I think it really comes down to
taste.

Volker