Sequenced rpc pipes

Mon Oct 31 22:04:51 GMT 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:51:01PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Yes, I noticed that when re-writing the Samba3 rpc code. There's only
> one outstanding request allowed even if the underlying layer could
> be asynchronous - you get "PIPE_BUSY" errors. I think the server in
> Windows is just synchronous on a pipe.

Fortunately with a good rpc client which we have now in 3 and 4 it's easy to
open an arbitrary number of lsa pipes... lookupnames can take *ages*, w2k3
searches in trusted domains for an unknown name. If no DC is available, this
runs into timeouts. Sooner or later we need to fire up multiple lsa pipes :-)

Volker