Modifying Samba to skip file system reads for IOZONE READ andREREAD

Iozone capps at iozone.org
Sat Oct 29 21:37:52 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Allison" <jra at samba.org>
To: "Iozone" <capps at iozone.org>
Cc: "Jeremy Allison" <jra at samba.org>; "Andrew Bartlett"
<abartlet at samba.org>; "Richard Sharpe" <rsharpe at richardsharpe.com>;
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: Modifying Samba to skip file system reads for IOZONE READ
andREREAD

> On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 11:59:46AM -0500, Iozone wrote:
>>
>> Jeremy,
>>
>>    The next release of Iozone (3.254) will offer:
>>    1. Sharpe hack is disabled for 0xa5 capture. Default
>>        pattern now follows Iozone version.
>>    2. -+Z option enables usage of old (0xa5) data set.
>>    3. -+X option enables fixed 0xbb data set, for short circuit testing
>>                by filesystem developers.
>>    4. Built-in help has been updated.
>>    5. Runtime messages have been updated.
>>    6. New options available in single and multi-node modes.
>>
>>    The new release will become available within 24 hours, on
>>    the Iozone web site.
>>

> That seems very reasonable, glad to hear it !
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy,

        With the 3.254 release you now have a constant pattern for
    short circuit testing, but I'm wondering if you would
    prefer to have two patterns.  One for short circuit testing
    on the client side, and another for short circuit testing
    on the server side.  Without this, it would make the
    developers go through some hoops to move the
    short circuit around.

Enjoy,
Don Capps